Sunday, March 25, 2012

If only everyday was like Sunday



Today was brilliant.

I went to church feeling nice in my outfit from England. Then we had a really good message about changing from the inside out. Usually we try to change our outer image, to make ourselves seem more righteous, and like 'good' people, and I realise that I've been a victim of this. But God doesn't care about all that. What He sees is inside of you. What you change on the inside will start to reflect on the outside. So off I went, thoughts having been provoked, for Junior Church.
During JC, my teacher praised me and i felt all nice and warm and squishy inside, and rather embarrassed, as one usually reacts.

After church, we went to suntec city and ate at the fountain terrace food court. I was feeling particularly peckish and so had a huge bowl of deeeelish ban mian from the Formosa delights stall (it was so nice that i ignored the bits of egg shell that had somehow found their way into my soup) and some naan, recommended by Miriam.
The man at the naan stall charged us 30 cents less than it was supposed to cost, with intention or not, I'll never know......but of course, i didn't protest.

After lunch, we headed downstairs to the FOUNTAIN OF WEALTH.
We were supposed to walk to the mini fountain in the heart of the huge one (apparently the largest in the world!!!!), and then circle the small fountain 3 times, while touching the water that came out of it.........and of course, as with all fountains, we were to make wishes. Whether or not it truly works, you can be the judge of that. (Guess what i wished for?)

surrounding the fountain was this walkway, and has you walk around, you were supposed to pass by all these plaques that show you what the 12 chinese zodiacs and what it means to be whichever one you are, as well as these beautiful metal cravings embedded in the ground of the respective animals. To my delight, I found that jan hai and I share something in common: we are both tigers. Passionate trail blazers of sorts.

Then miriam and tim raced about the fountain walkway, while I sat on the stone bench under a tree and just relished in the cooling breeze. Aaah the wonders of the world. I felt supremely happy. Like nothing could bring me down.

Following that, we came to the little area downstairs which houses a gazillion koi fish. Beautiful and eye catching, but rather on the plump side. Not that we paid any heed whatsoever. We bought fish feed and me and miriam had a throwing competition to throw the fish food as far as we were able, while Jan Hai ran amok wearing a yellow plastic bag on his back.

After that we went down stairs to all the shops, and stopped by, in particular, a pet shop. At this point, jan Hai decided to start screeching in his own special jargon. Although the animals seemed quite unperturbed, the shopkeeper, on the other hand......hmmm
but Jan Hai is just so ridiculously adorable that no one has the heart to be annoyed with him.

If only everyday could be like Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment