Saturday, February 11, 2012

No sweat, chicken feet, haha, all the way

Recently I rediscovered the joys of reading, after taking a prolonged break, because the business of school ensured that I had no time to, and then i just lost interest. So one day I was bored I decided to try reading again.
I suppose you could say I was addicted.

Anyway, the point is, I was so engrossed in reading this book of mine, while I was eating dinner. I wasn't paying the slightest attention to what I was eating and was just wolfing it down, and feeling like I was devouring the words, rather than the food.
I decided to take a little break just before the exciting part (i like doing that to catch my breath and collect my thoughts before diving head-first into the drama).
I looked up, and the first thing I saw was a chicken foot settled in the middle of my soup.

Slimy, bumpy skin, drenched in the soup that i had unwittingly been drinking.........
My stomach lurched and could literally feel the bile rising in my throat, so i immediately ran to the living room, and lay on the sofa to calm down. I desperately attempted to erase the images from my mind, and forget the fact that i had been drinking the soup that the feet had been sitting in. All hopes of continuing my enjoyable evening of reading were doused instantly. i then refused to eat any more of my dinner until someone removed the offensive article.

call me irrational, over-reacting......but i was quite certain i'd have nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment