Thursday, February 2, 2012

Not to be taken lightly

Recently in school, we had the height and weight measuring thing that they always do at the start of the year, where everyone tries to stretch and magically grow taller within a matter of a few minutes.

Anyway, over the holidays I had inexplicably lost 3kg and am now 4kg lighter at the beginning of this year than the beginning of last year. It's rather worrying....since I should be growing, not shrinking. My calculated BMI is 16.4......which is an all time low, and i haven't grown very much either (in terms of height), which means the problem lies with my weight.

So I searched up on the internet, what possible reasons could there be for my predicament, and I came across an article on diabetes. Some of the symptoms included.....excessive thirst (i have been feeling quite parched recently), losing weight without trying, weakness and fatigue (although probably just because I don't get enough sleep)......

so i asked Miriam about my problem, and Lo and Behold, she too suggested diabetes as a rationale.

GASP!











Of course, it could be due to decreasing bone density.............Hmmm.......

2 comments:

  1. if its bone density it could be because of ballet...i heard that ballet makes your chances of getting oesteoperosis higher... (shiver) or it could just be you becoming thinner because of exercise or eating less food? i don;t know.... i also (coincidence? i think NOT) lost 1 kg since last year... but not as drastic as you. hmmmm this is strsnge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I thought I would gain weight after CNY, but I'm still 44!!!!! Oh no.....I think I'm dying from a rare disease that has no cure. My other theory is that it's my insides (like organs and stuff) that's losing mass, because I don't see much difference on the surface.

      Delete